Travon Martin and George Zimmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travon Martin and George Zimmerman

About a year ago, when Travon Martin was killed, the first thing that ran through my mind was that a Jewish guy killed him. It turned out it was a guy with a Peruvian mother and Jewish father, thus his last Jewish name. For practical purposes the Jewish community disowned him from the get-go. He became Hispanic in the eyes of the media, not White, although he never identified as a Hispanic.

What does this have to do with us? As Hispanics we've been thrown into this racial pot, and since most people aren't Rocket scientists, a.k.a. stupid, they are beginning to see this as a Hispanic vs. Black scenario.

Zimmerman's face features also enforces this mind set. His mother looks very Peruvian, some have said she was Mulata. His father was never seen.

Some Blacks are beginning to see how they are being targeted, by whites, now by Hispanics who pass as White. On top of that they see the importance that Hispanics are being given among both political parties and that Blacks will eventually be out numbered by Hispanics, thus more paranoia.

It isn't a secret that once Hispanic immigrants get a hold on the White American middle class they immediately join the ranks of conservatives and bigots

Originally posted by clip314 View Post
    About a year ago, when Travon Martin was killed, the first thing that ran through my mind was that a Jewish guy killed him. It turned out it was a guy with a Peruvian mother and Jewish father, thus his last Jewish name. For practical purposes the Jewish community disowned him from the get-go. He became Hispanic in the eyes of the media, not White, although he never identified as a Hispanic.

What does this have to do with us? As Hispanics we've been thrown into this racial pot, and since most people aren't Rocket scientists, a.k.a. stupid, they are beginning to see this as a Hispanic vs. Black scenario.

Zimmerman's face features also enforces this mind set. His mother looks very Peruvian, some have said she was Mulata. His father was never seen.

Some Blacks are beginning to see how they are being targeted, by whites, now by Hispanics who pass as White. On top of that they see the importance that Hispanics are being given among both political parties and that Blacks will eventually be out numbered by Hispanics, thus more paranoia.

It isn't a secret that once Hispanic immigrants get a hold on the White American middle class they immediately join the ranks of conservatives and bigots
    Placing aside your central point about race, as a parent, I am deeply saddened for Trayvon Martin's parents. Not only did they lose a child, but now they will forever have to live knowing that their son's killer walked out of court unpunished and with the freedom to live his life. They will forever live under the weight of injustice.

How, I wonder, does that change a person's perspective and thought process? How does one manage to sleep at night knowing that your son was murdered and that his assailant was found innocent of all charges? Surely, it's enough to drive one to the breaking point.

I will say my prayers for Trayvon's parents. Despite their ardent pain, may they somehow attain some measure of internal peace.

Comment

I predict Zimm would be attacked or killed within the year, specially now that they have given him his gun back. He better watch his back and even tough he uses disguises to go out, according to his brother, in reality he has been given a death penalty, only that the government is not paying for it. There will be no place were him and his family would go that they will not be harassed by the public. Can't wait for the book.

George Zimmerman, he chased an unarmed teenager and shot and killed him under Florida's ""stand your ground law"": acquitted of all charges.

On the other side of the state, Marissa Alexander, she shot once in the air to scare her abusive husband away, she claimed innocence under the same Florida's ""stand your ground law"", the jury took 12 minutes to convict her and faces a 20 year prison term. I almost forgot, she is BLACK.

Ralph Wald, yes same state, woke up to find another man having sex with his wife in his house, shot the guy 3 times. When asked by the dispatcher if the man was dead, he replied: "" I hope so."" Verdict: Not guilty. Yeah, yeah he is white.

We should boycott Florida and never, ever set foot in this awful state.
      Last edited by Yujike; 15th July 2013, 21:42.

Comment

Strange but true, most Puerto Ricans you ask on the island are oblivious to racism in Florida. They move there in droves and are convinced they've found their American Dream. The common thought about Blacks is, "Ellos se las Buscan" which they might be right given the massive hysteria of the media centered only on Black vs. Black crime.

The other point is that most Puerto Ricans who move to Florida consider themselves White, therefore the Trayvon Martin case doesn't ring a bell, apart from "se las busco" or "ay bendito"

New York is practically emptying itself of Puerto Ricans. The ones who have stayed are basically the professional class ( which is small) and those who never made it. All others have moved on , mostly to Florida and other states, some back to Puerto Rico.

There is also a persistent conflict between island Ricans and Nuyoricans. To islanders all Puerto Ricans who grew up in the states are Nuyoricans, no matter if they've never lived in New York. In fact this prejudice is so extended that those on the island have the nerve of saying, El crimen aqui lo trageron los Nuyoricans".

Comment

Dream on suckers!

Comment

Working...
          X