Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did Puerto Rico gain it's independence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yujike View Post
    Keep on repeating to yourself your own made-up lies.

Bajate de esa nube and s.m.d.
    Lies? Funny you have admitted yourself that A. You are from Connecticut and B. have never lived here nor have any intent nor desire to live here either so guess what to us Islanders the opinion of Independendistas like you that don't even live here is worthless period. You are the one dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by PunkMaister View Post
      A worthless constitution? How dare you? You are the one living in denial to the fact that despite all the problems we have, we have a standard of living that is above just about all other hispanic countries in the whole hemisphere. That we enjoy more freedom than the "Autonomy" Spain may have granted us before the war between the US and Spain. And to the fact that you represent a vey small minority going against an overwhelming mayority that want not only to remain American Citizens and just FYI that citizneship came in reward to the bravery of Puerto Rican Soldiers during WWI.
      2010 - Rafael Hernández Colón to Congress: Puerto Rico cannot become a state, because it would be the poorest state in the union. P.R. is three times poorer than Mississippi! 90 % of Puertoricans do not know the English language (Hoorey for me and my sons and daughter, they are bilingual and my brothers also and if P.R. becomes independent, we can live in the states a high-jogetin life!) If P.R. became a state, it would be a burden for the U.S. finances. Unemployment and crime is very high. We have more than 700 special communities! Our proverty level is 70 %! But anyway: ¡Viva el ELA! (What's left of it!). ALL PPD leaders are happy with ELA, because we live off of you guys that pay taxes for us! Sanqu veri much, sorry I mean thank you very much!

2010 - Willie Miranda Marín - ¡Los Americanos nos han engañado con el ELA! (¡58 años despues es que se viene a dar cuenta el millonario este!). Tenemos que romper con esta cosa (el ELA), pues no sirve ni para limpiar.......El ELA me ha servido bien a mi y mis familiares y todos sabemos inglés así es que cuando venga la independencia y tranquen los aeropuertos para que no salgan los pobres, yo y mis familiares y nuestros lideres podremos salir, pues somos ciudadanos Americanos, somos ricos y sabemos inglés. Allá los que se dejaron coger de bobos. Pero anyway, ¡gracias ELA por darme tanto!

What a Constitution we have!!!

Comment

PR has never attained independence from anyone.

The closest may have been the "Pacto con Sagasta" which was moot for the Treaty of Paris of 1898.

Comment

charlie319, I agree, pero PR no tiene que asociarse necesariamente con los EEUU, creo que existen otras alternativas mas factibles.

Comment

Alternativas mas factibles a que? El tema es la risible pregunta de cuando PR alcanzo la independencia...

Hasta donde yo se, tal cosa no ha sucedido.

La independencia esta muy lejos con un 2.5% del voto...

Comment

Originally posted by castro44 View Post
              charlie319, I agree, pero PR no tiene que asociarse necesariamente con los EEUU, creo que existen otras alternativas mas factibles.
              I would like to hear more about your views.

Comment

I know is an old thread and it's going to sound funny but for those that don't know, Puerto Rico was independence once and that was untill November 18, 1493, because in November 19, 1493 Puerto Rico was “supposedly” discover by Cristobal Colon. after that … well! must of you pretty much knows the history.

Discover Definition: I leave it up-to you.

Comment

Originally posted by O.V. View Post
                  I know is an old thread and it's going to sound funny but for those that don't know, Puerto Rico was independence once and that was untill November 18, 1493, because in November 19, 1493 Puerto Rico was “supposedly” discover by Cristobal Colon. after that … well! must of you pretty much knows the history.

Discover Definition: I leave it up-to you.
                  This is a new one for me, LOL

Independence as a political concept began to evolve in the 18th century ( 1700 +) , with the American revolution. The frosting on the cake was, The French Revolution, which pushed evolving national self awareness to what it is today.

Puerto Rico began to have a national self awareness by the end of the 18th century and became a full separate entity when Ramon Power was picked to represent Puerto Rico in the Spanish Parliament, convened in Cadiz, after Napoleon kidnapped the King of Spain.

Comment

Working...
                  X