Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On our way to sovereignty!

MEGAPORT A FUTURE FOR VIEQUES?
    ”We are on our way to sovereignty and economic progress as a transshipment port between Latin America and Europe. That is our successful national project for Puerto Rico. We must go for it,” said Juan M. García Passalacqua, a political analyst and commentator wrote in The San Juan Star.

He says the real reason the Navy is leaving Vieques is because, “…military attacks now come from air in the middle of New York and Washington, not in the sea lanes. Russian submarines in Cuban naval bases are no longer there, nor are they a threat to the United States…the Caribbean’s’ role has been transformed from a strategic to a commercial one.”

Passalacqua calls now on the island’s government to be strategic and move quickly to secure a thriving future for the U.S. territory.

“What is important now is to speedily draft plans to install the Megaport of the Americas in the Ceiba installation, open it to international shipping – outside of the Coastwise Shipping Laws of the United States – and thus assure ourselves a prosperous economic future. To end our chronic dependence on American doles, and to achieve our own economic future, Puerto Rico must obtain its sovereignty.”

A Megaport for Vieques, I hope not. For Ceiba, of course. However, look at the plans for the Megaport in Ponce, what a mess! They keep delaying and delaying, siting problems and relocating from Guayama even though it would be more beneficial for size and evironmental impact if it stayed there, but we all know Sila loves her PPD buddy and Ponce Mayor, "Churumba."

Comment

A MEGAPORT for a U.S. NATURE PRESERVE?

[b][i]

Oops, I was too quick to laugh. You are not talking about VIEQUES, but about Ceiba.

Oh, now that is possible, but not during the short tenure of Sila the CLOWN Governor .

Comment

Working...
      X