"Anda Pal Sirete", What's Going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Anda Pal Sirete", What's Going on?

If I were a Statehooder I would start looking for a place in Florida because the status problem might be unfolding and , like I've said a million times, IT WON'T BE STATEHOOD!

Let me explain:

In today's San Juan Star there are two opinion articles, one by JuanMa and another by a Gringo, Ronald Walker, former managing editor of the Star. S

I bet some here will say that JuanMa is a known Waco, and the Gringo is a Communist wannabe.

But let's see what they say, you decide.

JuanMa writes that the current issue facing Congress is the DISPOSITION OF THE TERRITORY.

According to him, the U.S. Congress will consider the case of Puerto Rico in several conference commitees in September. The issues that will be dealt with are:

1- Roosevelt Roads Naval Base
    2- Medicare allotments
    3- Refunds for welfare families, a.k.a. INCOME TAX CREDITS.
    4- Exemptions for multinational corporations.

According to an ABC 20/20 program and the Star, May 23rd, "American Military training in Puerto rico will be a thing of the past." ABC asked whether Americans would still want the millions sent to the island because of "base presence", implying imminent cuts in the $14 Billion a year that is sent to P.R. ( for the only reason to keep the population peaceful as long as the Colony was used as a military colony of the Navy).

Despite Sila offering Roosevelt Roads as the main operation Center of Home Land security, She became the laughning stock of Congressmen when they were heard saying, "They don't even fly the flag, why should we entrust them with our security." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Things started going from bad to worse when former Gov. Pedro Rosselló announced that he would accept FREE ASSOCIATION with American citizenship ( Star May 30) Does he know something we don't know?

Will statehood be an alternative with all this mess? You decide.

Ronald Walker writes about another twist, Alaska and the rocky road to statehood. He writes that despite voting for Statehood with a majority of 58%, Congress turned down Alaska's petition thus demanding a Super majority.

There were many forces opposing Alaska Statehood, mostly from Washington State who had a monopoly and commercial clout over it's economy. But INTERESTS and GEOPOLITICAL IMPERATIVES pushed Congress to make Alaska a State. It's closeness to the Soviet Union at the time of the Cold war won the day!

Walker strikes at those Statehooders who live in fantasyland, selling Statehood as an exercise in Democracy. He says that many still believe in Alice in Wonderland politics, expecting Congress to allow a two option plebiscite and admit the island with a 50+1% vote.

Things don't look good for Statehood and Statehooders refuse to leave their perpetual LA-LA Land. If I were a Statehooder I would salvage what I have, buy a quick ticket to one of the 50 states and live out the American dream in a toilet, upps I mean Trailer park, like EL JIBARO. LOL

OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO THE TOILET.
    I UNDERSTAND THE MASSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS GUYS GIVE THEM CREDIT. NOT EVERYONE CAN WORK ON THE SAN JUAN STAR, YOU GOT TO BE A GENIUS TO GET THERE.

IF THEY DON'T WORK IN THE CONGRESS I DON'T GIVE A CR@P WHAT THEY CAN SAY.

WE ARE DOOOOOOOMEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

Comment

Blind leading the blind!

Originally posted by L_F_Miranda
      Things started going from bad to worse when former Gov. Pedro Rossell󠡮nounced that he would accept FREE ASSOCIATION with American citizenship ( Star May 30) Does he know something we don't know?
      Clearly, Pete, or whoever has his ear at the moment, is just blowing it out his rear, because there is no possibility of obtaining a guarantee of U.S. citizenship for future islanders under any formula of "free association".

Further, anyone in this island who disputes that clear fact necessarily asserts that his or her knowledge of U.S. constitutional law exceeds that of former U.S. Atorney General Richard Thornburgh:

http://www.puertorico-herald.org/iss...tFree-en.shtml

Comment

Raul good articule!

Very good, if you do not mind I can use this information as weapon against pitiyanquies!
        Saludos!

Comment

Loyalists

I think an improve <Estado Libre Asociado> will help us to develop a strong independent state but it depends who runs it. Actually it will also help the loyalist movement to show their master that they can make their own decisions to exptrapolate on economic innovations. In other words creativity. The loyalists fail to comprehend "Uncle" Sam. The US likes good constructive challenges. It motivates them and makes them feel happy that someone is giving them a challenge. Is like a sports team. A team always likes a good challenge. "Uncle" Sam does not respect the loyalist movement. The foundation of the US is not based to be docile. If that was the case the US would have never become a world power. That is a reality that loyalists will never comrehend.

Comment

ELA mejorada?

Originally posted by Camano
            I think an improve <Estado Libre Asociado> will help us to develop a strong independent state . . .
            Unfortunately, "improved commonwealth", just like "free association", is another dead ducky. Read the articles by former U.S. attorney general Thornburgh.

Comment

Good post! Like I have said before, if not statehood then full independence! Let us break this false status. "Commonwealth" worked real good for all involved in the past; PPD, U.S. Military and companies from the states in the island making a profit. Now is time to bring in the cows and see what congress will give us. I just hope these so-called meetings and sessions will really bring a solution, but I will not hold my breath.

Comment

La independencia es la solucion. La estadidad no le beneficia ni a los Estados Unidos ni a los puertorriquenos tampoco a la larga. El estado libre asociado es algo obsoleto y ya no va con la politica de hoy. No es una solucion. Cuando ya Puerto Rico no sea un lugar de bases militares y un lugar para hacer ganancias libres de impuestos federales, hay poco incentivo para mantenernos con la dependencia constante. La tasa de desempleo sigue elevada. Y no hay otra opcion excepto en desarollar la economia boricua por nuestra cuenta. Tenemos la gente educada y la tecnologia, y la creatividad. Hoy en dia, recursos naturales que abundan no son las cosas mas necesarias para desarollar una economia buena. Mira a los paises que estan sobrepoblados y escasean los recursos naturales? Y ellos si pueden salir a flote. Nosotros tambien podemos. No va ser facil. Pero nada en la vida que vale la pena es facil. Todavia se puede tener exito, siendo creativos, inventivos y trabajadores, sin corrupcion y con entrega. Todo lo que se necesita es un buen plan, trabajo, integridad, y dedicacion para hacerlo funcionar. Hay tantas cosas que se puede hacer en paises pequenos, con gente educada, y industrias de informacion, y recursos reciclables. Y con la cooperacion de muchos paises. Y la buena voluntad.

Suki.

Comment

Working...
                X