Alonso... Alonso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alonso... Alonso

You don't fool me. You come from a Cuban experience trying to apply your histerical reaction to anything that does not smell absolutely and blindly "pro-American". You have to use your intelligence sometimes, not just your painful experience to every political or civic issue. I understand your pain as a Cuban, but don't blindly apply everything to Puerto Rico. Come on, Alonso!

piti-pois:

I was born in Santurce of my father who was born in Ponce during the Great Depression (and at home, with the assistance of a Comadrona), and my mother, who was born in Peñuelas during the San Felipe Hurricane. And if you think I was born well to do, you are wrong again: my father is just a lowly teacher in the Departamento de Instrucción Pública, and my Mom was a telephone operator. I am an engineer (I dared to get out of the barrio to study a useful and honest career). I spent years EN EL COLEGIO DE MAYAGÜEZ, while my friends where making money in Burger King or selling life insurance. Today, after 15 years, I still don’t make enough money to qualify as being part of the Middle Class of New Jersey, and my house here in New Jersey is even smaller than my dad’s Levittown type house in Puerto Rico [as a fact my little house is older than me]. So I am a full blooded Puerto Rican (type O+), born of Puerto Rican parents, in Puerto Rico, who lived and studied in Puerto Rico.

However I deal with many “indocumentados” here in New Jersey who are fleeing the horrible conditions of Life in Colombia, Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Ecuador and Peru. From them I have learned of what Latin America is really all about: violence, government corruption, murders, being mugged (que te asalten) with an AK-47 [not your typical knife-point mugging], rape, and I could go on and on. If that is what you want for our Patria, I prefer to live peaceably in a New Jersey suburb. So what you “separatistas” are offering us is not a pie in the sky, but a pie of mud.

------------------
    Manuel Alonso

Comment

You may have become an ambulatory inferiority complex. "Lowly teacher", "small house", and so on.

It is funny how sometimes we don't see the truth staring back at us. You are writing from New Jersey AND YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE Latin Americans who had to flee home! It was not but a US territory that you left behind. So, what are you talking about? Are you not happy with the lifestyle provided by your idolized USA in your homeland? Come on, Alonso. It's not a Latin thing. It is the selfish nature in mankind that has to be refrained. What you see in the "States" is a more consistent application of the law, less "Ay benditos" and a Christian sense of ethics that permeate the system and their culture. We were that way in Puerto Rico before we were corrupted by so many governments trying to retain power just by "mantengos" rather than protecting our dignity with jobs and opportunity for hard work. I would have preferred that you were Cuban in the sense of you having had a different experience that justified your inferiority feelings...

Comment

garbanzo (a.k.a., pajaro):

You question El Jibaro, but you don't give us any information about yourself. For all we know you can turn out to be a Cuban yourself, or maybe you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Though I suspect that your are a kid in college that doesn't have any responsibility in life. Maybe you are one of those philosophers who are inspired by inhaling Marijuana smoke, like Carl Sagan [anyone can do that, even Charles Manson].

Comment

Cagueño:

Sorry, but I won't invest time in you. When you bring up ideas to discuss, maybe we can talk. By the way, I love garbanzos... "chick peas" to you.

Comment

Yo voy a escribir estoy en espanol por si las moscas..."QUE ES ESTO?!!!" Porque dos personas no pueden tener diferentes opiniones sin ofenderse o acusarse? Vamos a mantenernos civilizados...parecen 2 teenagers...otras gentes entran aqui y leen esto...y pensaran typical latinos! Please, es mas dificil encontrar algo bueno que decir de una persona...es mas facil decir cosas dolorosas...no seamos como un puente roto...donde nadie nos pasa!

------------------
            Everyday is a new day, find something good in people and compliment them on it!!(soft smile)
            Everyday is a new day, find something good in people and compliment them on it!!(soft smile)

Comment

Gracias Coqui, me deje llevar por el enojo. Retracto mis ataques personales contra Pitirre.

Lo que si te digo Coqui, es que Pitirre en vez de debatir, el lo que ha hecho es acusar a uno de miedoso, y esta clase de ataque no es de caballeros, ni de intelectuales. Si en verdad Pitirre tiene un argumento valido para rebatir nuestros argumentos a favor de la Estadidad, pues que los ofrezca, sin meterse a acusar a nadie de miedoso. Esta clase de acusacion para un hispano es como tomar una capa roja y retar a un toro en su cara a que faje.

Comment

Working...
              X