Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL_BORICUA
    replied
    LONG LIVE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS GOD BLESS THEM ALL,REMEMBER THAT GEORGE WASHINGTON
    TOO WAS ONCE CONSIDERED A TERRORIST AND TRAITOR BY ENGLAND.
    MANY LEADERS AROUND THE WORLD TODAY WERE ONCE
    CONSIDERED TERRORIST BY THE OPPRESORS

Leave a comment:

• F_D_B
    replied
    I wish that we could stop resorting to personal attacks on individuals just because they have different opinions. However, I do see that something good came out of it. I know that IDeJesus has seen it and I only hope that Abejorro sees it as well.

I think that the recently released political prisoners were criminals; pure definition they were convicted of a crime. However, the US countered with their own criminal act of sentencing each person to 55-90 years. I never heard of such a sentence in the US's history. The US decided that they would flex their muscles and make an example of these people, that is exactly how they handle everything. They have always had that arrogance throughout history. I do not condone violence, but if you think about it any cause worth a dam has always brought a measure of violence. Need examples? How about Christopher Columbus or the American Revolution just to name a couple.

Also be careful on how you classify criminals as well, because I could give the names of a few famous 'criminals' as well. The names Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King Jr. come to me and I am sure that I do not have to tell you that history is full of so called criminals.

Take care of yourselves, I wish you all well.

Leave a comment:

• El_Jibaro
    replied
    Érase la historia del noble hidalgo, Don Machetero (alias Don Quijote), hombre insigne de mirada triste y espalda encorvada, que a base de tantos libros de ideología (sería caballería?) escritos por Marx y Engels (Economía), Hitler [Nacionalismo], Ted Kassinsky (Ensayos sobre el mundo moderno de la tecnología y la libertad del hombre), y otros ilustres escritores del género [me faltan mencionar a Mao y su librito rojo, Pol-pot y sus tratados acerca de Sociología, Louis Farrakhan y sus exploraciones interplanetarias], se volvió loco. Este hombre, que a base de tanto libro y por sus muchos experimentos con sustancias controladas, quedó bajo la merced de la fantasía de ser un Caballero Andante (¿o sería mas bien de ser un patriota separatista?). Este se consiguio un alcagüete llamado Mari Bras (alias Sancho Panza), que lo acompañara en sus nobles andanzas.

Este pobre caballero llegó a una posada llamada Tercer Mundo, donde conoció a una amable camarera. La pobre camarera trabajaba duro su esclavitud, el dueño de la posada se llamaba don Dictador (unas veces lo apodaban Fidel, otras veces lo apodaban Khadafi, otras veces lo llamaban Idi Amín, y las mas de las veces lo llamaban Stalin), y por las noches le hacía gratas las estadías a los vagabundos terrorista que se arrimaran a aquel insigne plantel [si no entiendes, la pobre mujer era prostituta también]. Don Machetero, sin mirarla dos veces, se enamoró de la dama, a quien llamo República del Toboso. El hombre, febril, se moría por conquistar a su amada. Los transeuntes, que ni se asomaban en ese hospedaje cruel, la despreciaban y la llamaban Mujer de Mal Oficio, pero ante esto Don Machetero se ponía furioso y amenazaba con increpaciones violentas a las almas sensatas que no compartían sus locuras. Don Dictador se dio cuenta que el pobre hidalgo tenía un alma soñadora, y ofrecióle casar a la mujerzuela con este pobre diablo. Un viernes en la noche, cuando toda la posada estaba embriagada, se casó Don Machetero y su así llamada República , y el dueño de la Posada tenía un nuevo huesped permanente mas para saciar su curioso apetito por sangre humana.

------------------
    Manuel Alonso

Leave a comment:

• ABEJORRO
    replied
    And by the way they are CRIMINALS/TERRORISTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PUERTO RICO ES LIBRE CON LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS!!!!!

[This message has been edited by ABEJORRO (edited 24 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ABEJORRO (edited 24 September 1999).]

Leave a comment:

• ABEJORRO
    replied
    IdeJesus:

Philosophy is one thing and REALITY is another. Most countries in the world have a specific culture and all of them have subcultures. The difference between the base culture of one country and it's subcultures could range from food, music, hobbies, dialects, religions or almost anything imaginable. Sometimes war will break out between two cultures that live in one geographical area so different, one culture will try to eliminate or absorb another one, the reason for this is purely the ignorance of human beings. Cultures as a whole, are in constant evolution because of new foods, religions, music, dialects, hobbies and almost anything that a human being can bring through It's ports of entry, and this applies to languages too. There is nothing that we can do (or anybody) to stop the constant influence/evolution of other cultures into the Puerto Rican culture or any culture in the world in one human life span.
    Every 10 years or less is considered a genereation in a human life span, our generation is certainly different from our grandfathers and totaly different from theirs. You and me have an entirely different culture from are forefathers from Spain that conquered the island, maybe we have a similar language but not exactly pure castillian spanish and traces of their eating habbits. It just proves my point that are grand children will think, act and speak words differently than us. But there is not one country in the world that has so many cultures and languages under one roof like the United States and there is not a single country in the world that has taken so many different cultures and welcomed them in. You see, this is what makes our country so GREAT because we have a little bit of every culture in the world and all of these cultures are unified in the idea of the betterment of all (economic and well being)
    No matter if it is a burrito, salsa, mambo, pizza, gyro, rock, jazz, empanada, etc... It's ours, we all eat it, and dance to it, it is just GREAT! Look at the countries all around Puerto Rico, I hope that is not the future you want for PR, because PR does not have the resources to sustain around 4,000,000,000 individuals. We have about the same amount of people per square mile as most populated areas in the world, but with one difference, they have the land and resourses to do it. You and I are already part of the base American culture, there are things you do, eat, celebrate and speak that are totally AMERICAN. Just go visit a country like Paraguay and live there for a while to see how long it will take you to want a hamburger, sweet potatoes, fried chicken or hear some 80's rock, disco, jazz, etc...
    Don't try and change what our great grandfathers gave us: REAL FREEDOM, ECONOMIC RESOURSES, POWER, STABILITY, TRANQUALITY, ETC... These are things that you and I have enjoyed and hopely are children will enjoy too! So accept REALITY and move on to bigger and better things that this GREAT NATION has to offer us.

Leave a comment:

• IDeJesus
    replied
    Abejorro:

You are right about self accomplishment. Now take that philosophy and adapt it to the
    psycology of a Nation. In this case Puerto Rico. Imagine how much more productive future generations of Puerto Ricans would be if they were born and raised to understand what self sufficiency in a free market means. If they were raised knowing that they can not expect help from Uncle Sam or Big Brother because we are it and the economic welfare of our Nation is in our own hands. Imagine how much more entrepreneurial Puerto Ricans would be without the promise of Federal Aid lingering in the back of their minds. You must admit that this is food for thought.

Take care of yourself,

IDJ

Leave a comment:

• ABEJORRO
    replied
    My DAD made it with no help. I could've had his support for an ED but I worked and paid it for myself before I joined, and NO the Goverment did not pay a dime for it either. When you get what you want out of life with NO help at all the feeling of "self-accomplishment" is MUCH GREATER.

Leave a comment:

• IDeJesus
    replied
    Abejorro:

I'm sorry to hear that your "papi" did not contribute to your education, in spite of being a millionaire, as you so eloquently stated. It must make you feel a little bitter that he didn't think of you as important enough an investment to make.
    Is that why you joined the Armed Forces, so that the taxpayers would finance your education?
    I wholeheartedly understand your debt of gratitude to the US under those circumstances. In your case the US military has been your parent, providing what your rich father would not. My heart bleeds for you and the thousands like you who are to as certain extent abandoned by parents unwilling to fulfill their responsibilities.

Una cosa es ser pobre y no poder - otra cosa es poder y no querer.

You have my deepest simpathy.

IDJ

Leave a comment:

• frankie
    replied
    cagueno & abejorro,
    Stop running off titles...masters, B.A,...whatever!! It doesn't mean jack ****!
    I agree 100% with Idejusus. The fact is that you two are simply stuck on stupid.
    Que viva Puerto Rico LIBRE!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IDeJesus
    replied
    pequena coqui;

thank your for the encouragement.

Leave a comment:

• lapequenacoqui_at_aol_com
    replied
    To all my Brothers and Sisters:
    Let me start by saying that I am so proud of you all. Your sacrifices, your tribulations but especially your accomplishments. For whatever these words are worth, I am very proud of the love that you all feel for our country. You all have achieved greatness in life, and continue seeking to accomplish alot more. Keep climbing the mountain of success. But brothers and sisters don't fight each other, but fight for each other to attain all the wonderful things life has to offer. Don't use your degrees to intimidate each other but to motivate others that have not used education as a great tool/vehicle to achieve or attain goals. I think fighting for earth (isn't it written in the Bible that all of this belongs to Satan)is a lost cause. When we die, we will not take this with us. If you are military, I respect you, that is your duty. But let us not fight each other. Being a true Boricua is being respectful, considerate, courtious, Very supportive not attacking each other. You know what happens when you put a bunch of live crabs in a bucket, they all have the ability to get out, but instead they keep pulling each other down, to the point they never get out (escape) Let us all, as educated as we all are, not be like these crabs. Let us all use this (PuertoRico.com) as and instumental tool to inspire and motivate our people to become better people. Thank you all. God Bless you all and your families. Still so proud of you all!

------------------
    Everyday is a new day, find something good in people and compliment them on it!!(soft smile)

Leave a comment:

• Cagueno
    replied
    Abejorro:

I am impressed!!! You are a REAL patriot! It takes "agallas" (fish gills, which is the the clean language Spanish version of "guts") to be in a 100% military career; I hope you get promoted to the highest ranks of your military career before retirement. However, don't tell too many of your family details to the "Separatista" crowd in this virtual neighborhood; that might give them ideas. Remember that Macheteros (and their supporters) are of the same mind as KKK Members, Gang Members, Anarchists (the Una-Bomber), Hamaz, the Irish Republican Army, the Aryan Nation, Sendero Luminoso, Khmer Rouge, the Cali Cartel, and any other Criminal Association.

Leave a comment:

• ABEJORRO
    replied
    IDeJesus:

Not that it's any of your business either, but I'm a SOLDIER of this great NATION U.S. ARMY, I have a Bach. in History and Masters in Military Sciences, I'm very proud to say that my PAPI did NOT pay a DIME for my ED even though he is retired MILLONARIO who had a real (NOT A BODEGA) supermarket in New York. So like I said I work for a living and everything I DO IS AN EXAMPLE FOR MY FELLOW PUERTO RICANS and makes my PUERTO RICAN FAMILY PROUD!!!

[This message has been edited by ABEJORRO (edited 23 September 1999).]

Leave a comment:

• Cagueno
    replied
    IdeJesus:

I am an Engineer, with a Master Degree in Science, so I tend to see Reality in numerical terms, in terms of things that can be Proven Without a Doubt. Think of it when you board your next airplane, if we follow "Lawyerly" Logic when designing airplanes, fifty to seventy-five percent of the airplanes would fall off the sky, and the rest would not get off the ground. That is why I say that your arguments in favor of the Macheteros and of your fixation on Puerto Rican Nationalism in general are flawed and filled with Quixotean Fervor, because they do not conform to the Truth, to the Real World (Physical, not Lego-Political). The Macheteros may have been sentenced on charges not related to murder, but they were also processed for sedition and conspiracy. Think of this the next time a President releases some Racist Militiaman who hates Puerto Ricans, just because he did not actually kill anybody (nah, when that happens you will be the first one to complain). Maybe in your skewed "lawyerly" mind it is right for the President to release the Macheteros, but not if he releases Terry Nichols. To me both are in the same boat.

Leave a comment:

• IDeJesus
    replied
    Hi Abejorro:

Not that it is any of your business, but as a matter of fact I do have an education and a very good one. Undergraduate Degree from la Universidad de Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
    (Ciencias Politicas) and a JD ( that's a law degree ) from Seton Law - New Jersey.
    And guess what? My family has never received one cent in financial aid of any type from the federal government. My parents and I paid for my education.
    I have a job in the private sector, and I also run a not-for-profit educational organization. What do you do to make Puerto Ricans proud?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X