Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aka Patria_y_LaPava
    replied
    LIKE I SAID BEFORE,THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH DUAL CITIZENSHIP,BUT THE DUAL CITIZENSHIP IS
    FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT IF THE PEOPLE VOTE FOR
    INDEPENDENCE THEY MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THEY
    WILL GIVE UP U.S. CITIZENSHIP.
    READ YOU OTHER POSTING.

Leave a comment:

• aka Patria_y_LaPava
    replied
    El Borcua:

The "duel" citizenship won't work because if a person is born to US citizens even in another country they automatically get US citizenship. So if PR got independence and children were born after independence, they could make a claim for US citizenship.
    That is why there can be no duel citizenship. You either choose one or the other.

ALSO: Can you tell me why no one has answered my question about renouncing US citizenship? I've asked it 2 or 3 times, plus I put a topic about it on the board. It seems like people are scared to answer it. Why?

Leave a comment:

• aka Patria_y_LaPava
    replied
    "Some that will always blame and condenm instead of taking responsibility for thier own lives."

Cnstrguy, You took the words right out of my mouth dear friend, YET you contridict yourself here. You talk all about how you want PR to be a state, and again I ask why, what is it the US can do for us that we can't do for ourselves? ~~~> "instead of taking responsibility for thier own lives"

I now understand why it is you want PR a state, so people like you can take from the poor, you know what it is really, I mean the reason for you being blind and all, is coz You got a little money in your pocket. Dollar $igns in your eyes when you see PR as a state, more money for your kind to take! Blind by the greed<~~~ which is the TRUE DISEASE WORST THEN CANCER. Most of all you forgot where you are from dog!

The other reason why I now know you want PR a state is because you truely have no understanding of how the US works, and the only way you will is when they chump you! But you can prevent that if you READ the TRUE HISTORY. And YES you do read the wrong papers otherwise you would not think this way. You would know that 5% do run this world but you are too blind to see it and have no heart to do your own research, WHY?? Because it's not hurting you now and you think it will never hurt.

You speak about the poor. Let me tell you something. The only poor here is THE DEAF, DUMB AND BLIND which you will never undersand because you are part of the deaf, dumb and blind aka 85%! Capitalism is what DIVIDS AND KILLS A NATION. My occupation deals with the future, ( Robotic Engineer )so as far as profit go's the green is definitly there. And the funny thing is that I could careless about money for it is a materialistic thing that everyone wants, and I do not need it to survive! :-)

Cnstrguy I am far from being poor, because I came from the poor. Nolonger am I deaf dumb and blind. High society gave that title to persons who don't live,look or even act like them. Racism<~~~ the true word to call it.

You actually think that if PR becomes a state that you or anyone else will have control..please and paraniod of what? Of nothing I tell you, but you on the other hand, well EL B. couldn't have said it better. Paraniod to work. Come with me, mi abuelo has acres of cane that needs to be cut down, we can put in some work together!

As far as my friends house, why the government took it, if you lived there long enough you would know that the government doesn't have to have reasons for taking! Like I said they just take what they want and for me to give you the reason why would be stupid, but if you most know, my friend is a writer of true facts, that's why his house was taken they even jeopardized 3 jobs in which he was fired from! As many ohters as well, who knows how many homes they will take from PR, especially those with priceless views to die for. Be careful CNSTRGUY coz I'm sure you have a great view!

CNSTRGUY it's ashame you are Puerto Rican, cause you would make a great President over here! ( get the point? )

Peace peace

Hey "EL B." very nicely put!

[This message has been edited by FREEDOM (edited 02 March 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• aka Patria_y_LaPava
    replied
    El, You said that if PR became a state it would loose all of the tax breaks. If it became independent wouldn't it still loose all it's tax breaks?
    In fact I thought Clinton agreed to phase them out under commonwealth already. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Leave a comment:

• aka Patria_y_LaPava
    replied
    CNSTRGUY,
    YOU MAKE A VERY GOOD ARGUMENT IT IS TIME TO GET OUT FROM BEHIND THE SKIRT AND TAKE OUR
    RIGHTFUL PLACE AMONG NATIONS AND GOVERN
    OURSELVES,IT IS WHAT TRUE FREEDOM LOVING
    PEOPLE SHOULD DO,BUT MANY ARE SCARED LIKE
    YOURSELF,TO WORK FOR A BETTER PUERTO RICO
    INSTEAD THEY ARE WILLING TO SURRENDER THEIR
    BIRTHRIGHT TO ANOTHER NATION IN ORDER TO
    HAVE ECONOMIC SECURITY SHAME ON YOU!

Leave a comment:

• CnstrGuy
    replied
    Freedom, you told us the story about your friend buying a house. But you didn't tell us why he lost it? What was the federal governments reason?

You say that nothing is free. I agree. Nothing is. But this is true thoughout the world. Why make it sound like it's just the USA?

Freedom our bad reputation is common knowledge. We are laughing stocks. Even within the latin american countries. No one takes us seriously and look at us as free loading children who claim to be a "country" but at the same time want to hide behind a skirt called common wealth.

Again, I live in Puerto Rico. With all due respect, the problem here is that some cannot comprehend the fact that not everyone in Puerto Rico is poor. Controlled. Feels second class. Feels resentful. Has a chip on their sholder. You say the 5 pecent run the world. That's not ture. That's what your frustration makes you beleive. The only way to succeed in life is to get up, stop blaiming anyone and everyone and to do things for yourself. To better yourself so that your children have it better than you do and so on. Being American gives us this opporuntiy better than no where else in the world.

You claim I read the wrong papers. I can say the same for you freedom. Your consumed with conspiricy. With paranioa, with big brother controls all and I control nothing, etc.

I've been fortunate enough to have traveled the world. Extensively for someone my age. And what I've found and seen first hand is that there are some no matter wher you go. Some that will always blame and condenm instead of taking responsibility for thier own lives.

Again, yes indepediats don't care about Puerto Rico. What they care about is this insecure need to proclaim to the world that they are as good as others. It's like a cancer. This is learned at home and this irrantional, chip on your sholder mentality goes on and on. Granted. Not all independiats are like that. But unfortuantely the reality is that most are. How could you claim to love P.R. on one hand and want to FORCE an independence on a people who DO NOT want it on the other?

You have problems with capatalism? Why? Is it because you have yet to profit from it?

Leave a comment:

• FREEDOM
    replied
    cnstrguy

Let me hint you and the others who read this with some common sent knowledge:

The beauty of places that are not part of the US is the fact that it is different. Once they become a state ( meaning for any place on earth NOT only PR )it's all the same. Sure the setting is different but that's the only difference.

I mean, check it brother, for example PR produces thier own beer for a $1 ah can, I can eat a meal for $1, fruit for free, you see where I'm getting at.

Now as for buying things, PR has to go threw the US to buy things, cars etc. Unable for free marketing, importing and exporting.

All that open beautiful land you see will be concrete. All the shore areas will be taken, then sold to the highest bidder and those people are the 5% rich that run this world or desendents of their family.

Listen to this, my friend bought a house in a farely decent area, and you what they did ( the US government ) they took his land for under book value and he had NO CHOICE but to take it and bite his tongue. And this example i share with you is a fact and happens daily. Not only that but you own the land and you have to pay land tax. I'll never understand that. And if you want to build things on your land you have to pay even more loot.
    I ask you, does this sound like it's the land of the FREE? Noway man nothing is for free here.

I quote you here "But what I really want to see is the end of this bad reputation that we have in the US and throughout the world."
    Cnstrguy,2000

Bad reputation?????? Where did you hear this and if you believe this well than you are part of the 85%. Find me the people who wrote such things and lets see who they are and where they are from!

"Through out the world" you say???????
    Have they ever experienced Puerto Rico? Ever been there? I think not, sure in hell not the whole world. You read the wrong papers friend. Media portrays us or any one like that even their own kind like that brother, and you are believing it! Don't become part of the DEAF, DUMB, AND BLIND which make up 85% of the population.

I qoute you"It is only the tiny group called independisats that really could care less about Puerto Rico. Their just obseesed with forcing an independence on us when WE DO NOT WANT IT!" Cnstrguy, 2000

" independisats that really could care less about Puerto Rico" What?????? What part of the island are you from man? i haven't met one that doesn't love thier land, and if that's the case thier are fake as hell adn use that title to cover up their true statue which is CAPITALISTIC. Take a trip with me and see the real cats with mad heart for their land.
    I could build with you for hours, but the question is are you willing to see?

Peace

[This message has been edited by FREEDOM (edited 29 February 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• CnstrGuy
    replied
    Freedom, I don't want to see Puerto Rico become a state "so bad" as you put it. Please don't misunderstand me. Yes, I do want statehood for Puerto Rico. But what I really want to see is the end of this bad reputation that we have in the US and throughout the world. Common Wealth was helpful and did suit it's purpose. But now it just keeps us in limbo and makes us the laughing stock of the world. We need to finally grow up and make a final decision for our future. Either "_hit or get off the pot" as they say. Let's either become a state and full member of the union or become independant. Either of these two options holds dingity and respect. If after a vote between the two Puerto Rico voted overwhlemingly for independence I would not only accept that choice, I would support it fully. That is a statement that independisats are not willing to make. They want to force independence on us and basically slap the face of Puerto Rico by not respecting any other choice that the people may want. Not all independisats are this way. But unfrotuantely most are. For example, pro statehooders never make comments like they will arm themsleves if P.R. became independent. Why? Simple. Most stathooders want a resolution to our limbo status and feel that sattehood is the best option. Even most common wealth supporters say, do and want the same. It is only the tiny group called independisats that really could care less about Puerto Rico. Their just obseesed with forcing an independence on us when WE DO NOT WANT IT! And the people of Puerto Rico will never allow them to succeed in the destruction of our island and it's people. So I agree with you. Freedom will preivail!

Leave a comment:

• FREEDOM
    replied
    Cnstrguy

Why is it you want Puerto Rico a state so bad? Were you born in the states and if so have you read the history behind how the states became states? Only the elite benefit from a colony becoming a state, meaning they have control as well as the upper hand as well as how things will be run. Capitalism is the proper word.

I've read your opinions and it seems to me that you don't see one thing, and that is the fact that the reason you don't see more independent parties is because the F.B.I, I.R.S and the 5% that control this WHOLE WORLD are titling these people with a word known to you and people like you, called COMMUNISTS! Some may be so, but most are just TRUE PATRIOTS, and if they were able to speak to you and the people of Puerto Rico with out being labeled all would see the LIGHT!

What I see here my friends is the Pilgrims conquering the natives all over AGAIN. Read the history of the US. Educate the mind and then decide. Truth will prevail, as well as FREEDOM.

[This message has been edited by FREEDOM (edited 28 February 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• EL_BORICUA
    replied
    KEEPTRYING,
    ALL THINGS ARE NEGOTIABLE,THAT SAID,I WOULD
    SAY THAT THE THORNIEST ISSUE IS THAT OF DUAL
    CITIZENSHIP,EVEN IF GRANTED IT WOULD NOT EXTEND TO PEOPLE BORN AFTER INDEPENDENCE WAS
    GRANTED.
    FREE MOVEMENT I SEE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT.
    ECONOMIC AID AND FREE TRADE WOULD ALSO BENEFIT THE U.S.,WE ALSO HAVE A SIZABLE
    PUERTO RICAN COMMUNITY IN THE U.S. THAT
    LIKE THE JEWISH COMMUNITY CAN INFLUENCE
    GOVERNMENT POLICY TOWARD PUERTO RICO.

Leave a comment:

• keeptrying
    replied
    El Boriqua:
    I think the Statehood party was popular even before Rosello came to power a few years back.Popular not so much in that it was #1, but that it had more then 4%.
    Even if you are right and this "one" man came to power and made Statehood popular, then why can't the independence party do the same? If it only takes one man to energize the people, it shouldn't be too hard to find one independence supporter who can do the same.

Also I would like to know if you "really" believe in the independence platform. I mean if you think the US will go for any of it.
    -duel citizenship
    -free movement of people
    -US aid at 20 billion a year
    -military agreements
    -free trade

Leave a comment:

• EL_BORICUA
    replied
    KEEPTRYING,YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT,BUT THATS
    JUST IT,RIGHT NOW THE INDEPENDENCE PARTY
    GARNERS ABOUT 4.4% OF THE VOTE,ALMOST HALF
    THE PUERTO RICANS IN THE ISLAND THINK STATEHOOD IS A GOOD IDEA THANKS TO THE
    PROPAGANDA THAT ROSELLO FEEDS THEM E.G.
    "LA ESTADIDAD ES PARA LOS POBRES" AND LETS
    SAY STATEHOOD COMES TO PAST,AND DOESNT WORK
    OUT THEY WHY THE ISLAND HAD HOPED,THE MOVEMENT CAN GROW ALBEIT TOO LATE,THATS HOW THINGS HAPPEN,GRANTED I AM SPECULATING BUT I
    BELIEVE THIS WILL LIKELY HAPPEN,STATEHOOD
    WILL BE DIVISIVE IT WILL NOT UNITE.

Leave a comment:

• keeptrying
    replied
    Just because a country has independence movements in it, doesn't tell me anything. I can name a bunch of countries that have them. Brazil has it
    Mexico has it
    UK has it
    France has it
    Spain Has it
    Russia has it
    China has it
    These are only a few. I don't think it matters if a country has an independence movement in it, but how strong that movement is. For example it was strong in East Timor, Eritrea, Croatia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Slovenia, Macedonia, Bosnia, Namibia, to name some. If for example it only garners 4% of the vote, then what "power" does it have?
    Also why hasn't the independence party campaigned to the American people about the benefits to them? For example, if only 4% of the people support independence in PR, then why not tell the American people of the billions of dollars that are being spent here? Did you know when I gave an oral "outline" to the class, they all thought PR had the best of both worlds. They said "They get all this money, don't pay taxes, and votes for President, and has congressman, and Senators in DC". Somthing the party should think about.

Leave a comment:

• EL_BORICUA
    replied
    KEEPTRYING,YOU ARE CORRECT THE BASQUE PEOPLE
    DID NOT VOTE TO BE PART OF SPAIN,AS WE DID NOT VOTE TO BECOME PART OF THE U.S.A.,THE
    MAJORITY OF THE BASQUE PEOPLE LIVE IN PEACE
    IN AN AUTONOMOUS BASQUE REGION,MUCH LIKE
    PUERTO RICANS LIVE IN PUERTO RICO,BUT NO
    MATTER WHAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO STOP
    OR CRUSH THE NATIONALIST SPIRIT OF THE BASQUE
    PEOPLE,IN FACT THERE HAS BEEN A RESURGENCE
    OF BASQUE TERRORISM IN SPAIN.
    THE FACT THAT THREE STATES HAVE PARTIES THAT
    BELIEVE IN LEAVING THE UNION IS SIGNIFICANT
    ENOUGH DONT YOU THINK?
    NO PUERTO RICANS ARE NOT MORE PRONE TO VIOLENCE THAN ANYONE ELSE BUT NATIONALIST
    HAVE RESORTED TO VIOLENCE IN THE PAST,HAVE THEY RENOUNCED VIOLENCE,I DO NOT BELIEVE SO.
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PAPER!

[This message has been edited by EL BORICUA (edited 25 February 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• CnstrGuy
    replied
    El, of course the Indepednce Party should use it's best efforts to get out their message and "educate" as you put it. So should the other parties. However, getting out a message/educating and the twisting and distorting of facts are clearly two differnt things.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X