How do we reduce the murder rate in PR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isabel:

You yourself live in New York City. You know how NYC was before Giulliani was mayor, and how it has changed. He did not legislate new laws, he only enforced those that were already on the books.

If the USA is now more crime ridden in certain places it is because the leadership does not enforce the laws already written. Clinton wants to write more laws every day, it makes him look good, but he doesn't enforce them. There have been written more new laws on guns in these last 8 years than ever before. But, look at Colombine and all the school shootings, they all happened in Clinton's administration.

I just went to PR on vacation. Thanks God, I saw more police cars on the road than ever. And the PR drivers seem more civil, though not yet what they were 15 years ago.

Still, much has to be done in PR, and what do I see, politicians offering money to bribe the voters, but no real effort to enforce the laws already on the books. Puerto Rico does not need to be a republic to solve its problems, and even though I am a staunch "Estadista", it does not need statehood to improve Puerto Rican life. Just enforce the laws in the books, have the police go out and catch the bad guys, and life will become better, for the ESSENCE OF GOVERNMENT is to bring Law and Order, not to solve every social problem in the universe.

------------------
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa
    desde_el_Jurutungo_de_Bairoa: Manuel Alonso "El Jíbaro"

Comment

The only thing that has changed in NY under the Giuliani administration is the type of crimes being committed and statistical recording of crime. The perceived reduction of violent crime is a result of an improved economy, which has more to do with a parallel improvement nationwide than with any one specific thing done by Giuliani. I happen to like certain things about Giuliani's method of leadership, and I happen to know him personally, but I would not credit him with the changes in NYC. I am here everyday and I'll tell you that the more things change the more they stay the same.
      Don't believe everything you hear on the veining news or read in the mainstream media.

[This message has been edited by IDeJesus (edited 03 May 2000).]
      Que Viva Puerto Rico Libre.

Comment

The only thing that has changed in NY under the Giuliani administration is the type of crimes being committed and statistical recording of crime. The perceived reduction of violent crime is a result of an improved economy, which has more to do with a parallel improvement nationwide that with any one specific thing done by Giuliani. I happen to like certain things about Giuliani's method of leadership, and I happen to know him personally, but I would not credit him with the changes in NYC. I am here everyday and I'll tell you that the more things change the more they stay the same.
        Don't believe everything you hear on the veining news or read in the mainstream media.
        Que Viva Puerto Rico Libre.

Comment

Working...
        X