Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blame Luis Munoz Marin

When I started to learn about our colonial status I did
    not understand why in Puerto Rico independence day (U.S)
    was ok but not September 23rd or October 30th.The public schools in New York City, they made sure we understood very well the revolutionary war of "America" for independence.
    My time in my beloved island, made me comprehend better our
    fear for independence. The Dominican Republic was mentioned for the reasons why we should not become independent.
    I came to the conlusion that Luis Munoz Marin was to blame
    for our political low-self esteem. From my understanding
    the guy wanted independence but wanted to improve our standards of living then then independence would be possible.

Fine, our standards of living did improve but why are the people scared to be free? We have more dependency is that improvement? contradiction from what I wrote before right?
    Why are individuals celebrating citizenship that was imposed on us? Marin became a failure!!! Why do people celebrate U.S. citizenship and call it democracy while
    the national government of the United States can not respect the will of Bieke?(Tito's shirt spells the name of the island this way)Why is it that the constitution of the "Free Associated State" bans capital punishment but
    it is still applied to the island? Why the people who advocate annexation are agaist colonialism, which is anti-democratic and praise the United States the champion of
    democracy? I blame Luis Munoz Marin. Why is it that we ca not trade with other nations? Why is it that we have no say
    whether we go to war but we are recruited to fight? Oh, and everything is ok!Why is it when the United States commits crime to humanity is ok, but when we fight for our rights
    we are called bad names? We are educated that to be free
    is to be dependent!!!! I blame Marin.
    We live in a world that these conditions are not normal!
    but we live with them and we defend them. Many of us are willing to die to defend our political low sef-esteem.
    I blame Luis Munoz Marin. The biggest failure in Puerto Rico's history. Ay Bendito!The big err to the fatherland!

I do not only blame Luis Muñoz Marín, I also blame Teodoro Moscoso. (Theres a bridge in San Juan named after him, just had an international 10k race there.) I blame Partido Popular Democrático, the biggest failure in Puerto Rican history. I blame Partido Nuevo Progresista, the biggest traitors to Puerto Rico in our history. I blame the USA for colonizing us. I blame Partido Independentista Puertorriqueño for not doing enough. I blame Pedro Albizu Campos and Partido Nacionalista for not doing enough. I blame Sila María Calderón!!!!!!!!!!

In Puerto Rico, history and politics, there are alot to blame. If we made a list, I don't think it could fit in this forum.

I, myself, have gone past blaming people for the mishappenings of Puerto Rican society.

We need to go past blaming people. You can mention them, and why they are to blame, but also realize that only blaming dead people, or evils on our island will not get us anywhere. You need to act on your goals. As Mahatma Gandhi once said, "you must be the starting point of change you wish to see in the world."

Comment

Ecuajey...

[i]Sorry to hear that Don Pedro Albizu Campos being tortured with radiation and beaten inhumanly wasn't enough. Sorry to hear that him dieing for what he believed in wasn't enough, for being the most commonly known figure to ever be "real deal" in what he believed in and lived true to the words "Patria o Muerte". Sorry that all the independentistas who were killed in independence movements and persecuted wasn't enough either.

The PPD and the "new" PNP are and statehooders are people who had the "Tirano" working with them, not AGAINST them and they weren't SUPRRESED or PERSECUTED and they also didn't SACRIFICE anything either nor were they ever EXILED or BLACK LISTED like those who were in the Independence movement then and who are in it today. There were no "Tirano" government agencies that were formed specifically to destroy the statehood and colonial movements as there were for the Independence movement.

I'm very sorry that these factors aren't acknowledged by you undoubtingly and that you have an image in your head that for some reason what they did was not enough. I can only stress and emphazise the point that due to the FACTS of the things that these men and woman sacrificed for Puerto Rico, if given the opportunity to do it all again knowing the same consaquences and fate awaited them, they would do it all again without thinking twice, to me that is more than enough. If they could have done any more than they did, I'm 100% sure they would have. DO you think they would've devoted their lives and sacrificed them for something they weren't willing to do everything they possibly could've done.

I'm very sorry you have the thought you do in your mind about what you have stated. Well as they say -"Vivimos para APRENDER".

Atentamente,

Guaili ~ Patriota de verdad y de pura cepa

Comment

P.S. Ecuajey

[i]Due to the statements you made above about Independentistas, it made me come to think... What does it mean when someone proclaims themselves as an Independentista? (and I'm not talking about the definition you get from the dictionary) What does it really mean for someone to call themselves an Independentista? A REAL Indepentista? Why do they call themselves that? Do you know?

You call yourself Ecuajey? Why? Just because it was a catchy word that was made famous by Ismael Rivera in songs and by Hector Lavoe before signing to Fania when he made more guaguanco songs under the same label. What does "Ecuajey" mean?

The whole point is, that people shouldn't call themselves or proclaim or label themselves something if they don't even know what it means. Independentista? Ecuajey? I'm not going to await an answer, these questions are really for you. Educate yourself on these 2 things so that you will know more about yourself, or actually more about who you want to be. Truthfully I'm not interested in the answered, you've already shown enough for me and others to see what's what.

Oh, one more sorry by the way... Sorry you feel the way you do about those 2 Puerto Rican figures that you saw fit to make a thread out of ridiculing and dueing further scaring to their images just for your personal amusement. Sorry also that you see fit to paint an image of Puerto Ricans the way you did in that thread. Que Nice!!!

Comment

Re: Ecuajey...

Originally posted by Guaili-Cayniabon
          Sorry to hear that Don Pedro Albizu Campos being tortured with radiation and beaten inhumanly wasn't enough. Sorry to hear that him dieing for what he believed in wasn't enough, for being the most commonly known figure to ever be "real deal" in what he believed in and lived true to the words "Patria o Muerte". Sorry that all the independentistas who were killed in independence movements and persecuted wasn't enough either.

The PPD and the "new" PNP are and statehooders are people who had the "Tirano" working with them, not AGAINST them and they weren't SUPRRESED or PERSECUTED and they also didn't SACRIFICE anything either nor were they ever EXILED or BLACK LISTED like those who were in the Independence movement then and who are in it today. There were no "Tirano" government agencies that were formed specifically to destroy the statehood and colonial movements as there were for the Independence movement.

I'm very sorry that these factors aren't acknowledged by you undoubtingly and that you have an image in your head that for some reason what they did was not enough. I can only stress and emphazise the point that due to the FACTS of the things that these men and woman sacrificed for Puerto Rico, if given the opportunity to do it all again knowing the same consaquences and fate awaited them, they would do it all again without thinking twice, to me that is more than enough. If they could have done any more than they did, I'm 100% sure they would have. DO you think they would've devoted their lives and sacrificed them for something they weren't willing to do everything they possibly could've done.

I'm very sorry you have the thought you do in your mind about what you have stated. Well as they say -"Vivimos para APRENDER".

Atentamente,

Guaili ~ Patriota de verdad y de pura cepa

Once again, Guaili-Cayniabon, you have misread my statements.

First, re-read my first post.

Second, I will evaluate again, what you missed. I blamed many people, and even Sila Calderón, in a joking manner. I not only mentioned Don Pedro, I mentioned the PPD and PNP, so I guess, in your mentality, I hate all those people and movements did, bt mentioning they didn't do enough. WRONG!

It was to show, there are a lot to blame in the history of PR, a lot of people, a lot of organizations. That is a fact that cannot be denied. Though, I was pointing out that, guess what, just blaming people isn't something you should do. Thus, if you understood that, you could really see that I "canceled" out my first comment. I blamed many people, but in the end I showed, that it doesn't get you anywhere doing that.

I hope I didn't offend you in my comments; see what happens when you misread people’s posts?

No hard feelings.

[Edited by Ecuajey on 7th March 2002 at 23:23]

Comment

ummmm....lol

Due to the statements you made above about Independentistas, it made me come to think... What does it mean when someone proclaims themselves as an Independentista? (and I'm not talking about the definition you get from the dictionary) What does it really mean for someone to call themselves an Independentista? A REAL Indepentista? Why do they call themselves that? Do you know?

You call yourself Ecuajey? Why? Just because it was a catchy word that was made famous by Ismael Rivera in songs and by Hector Lavoe before signing to Fania when he made more guaguanco songs under the same label. What does "Ecuajey" mean?

The whole point is, that people shouldn't call themselves or proclaim or label themselves something if they don't even know what it means. Independentista? Ecuajey? I'm not going to await an answer, these questions are really for you. Educate yourself on these 2 things so that you will know more about yourself, or actually more about who you want to be. Truthfully I'm not interested in the answered, you've already shown enough for me and others to see what's what.

Oh, one more sorry by the way... Sorry you feel the way you do about those 2 Puerto Rican figures that you saw fit to make a thread out of ridiculing and dueing further scaring to their images just for your personal amusement. Sorry also that you see fit to paint an image of Puerto Ricans the way you did in that thread. Que Nice!!!
            What is your problem with me? What do you want? I don't need an answer, just so you can know.

I never said anything towards you in this forum that I intently tried to start bad feelings between us. I don't even know you.

I never proclaimed myself an independentista, but if you would like to know. I am an independentista. You know what that means to me? Well, it’s something that I can't express in words, its something I feel and something that I have no obligation to write in this forum. You will see me challenge all things in this forum. I have a mind, and I use it, and if I agree or disagree with something, I will make note of it here. That doesn't mean I am a "traitor" or "spy" for any particular party, it is just showing what I think of certain things. I will not stand beside an ideal, just because that ideal is shared by most individuals that share my political inclination of independence. I see what is right or wrong, and I point it out. That is how I think, that is how I work. No sorries for that.

It’s a forum for good discussion, that is what I am mainly here for. I need to educate myself, you need to educate yourself, we all need to learn. We all should learn something new everyday. I already know what I want to be, and I am already it.

I don't know what Ecuajey means. If is something that is bad, I am not going to change my name. jajajaja (playful joking, don’t take it offensive) I like it, its something close to my heart. Ismael Rivera is someone close to my heart. Right there you will try to attack me with questions on why, or do you know his life story....etc Man, its not about that, I have my reasons, its not your responsibility to figure them out. No te preocupe.

My answers concerning those two individuals are in the appropriate thread. Also, you will see me joking a lot in this forum. Do you want this forum to be boring, and just writing about politics with no feeling whatsoever? I do not, I want to enjoy myself, and make people feel happy to come here, along with having great discussions. Thats how I feel, and you can't change that.

Guaili-Cayniabon, I'm a person who can be very, very nice. I don't want harsh confrontation on this forum, I don't want any trouble. If you just want to rumble in this forum, then that is ok. You go do that, while I avoid it. I told you what I want, and if I offended you from my recent threads, then I hope I cleared it out so that it has not anymore. If it still has, then those are your feelings that I have no obligation to change. I hold no bad feelings, nor will I subject myself to the level I am now anymore. Now I hope you don't take this thread offensive as well. It is not made to be, it is made to make things clear.

Take care.

[Edited by Ecuajey on 7th March 2002 at 23:31]

Comment

Re: ummmm

Originally posted by Ecuajey
              What is your problem with me? What do you want? I don't need an answer, just so you can know.

I never said anything towards you in this forum that I intently tried to start bad feelings between us. I don't even know you.

I never proclaimed myself an independentista, but if you would like to know. I am an independentista. You know what that means to me? Well, it’s something that I can't express in words, its something I feel and something that I have no obligation to write in this forum. It’s a forum, for good discussion, that is what I am here for.

I don't know what Ecuajey means. If is something that is bad, I am not going to change my name. jajajaja (playful joking, don’t take it offensive) I like it, its something close to my heart. Ismael Rivera is someone close to my heart. Right there you will try to attack me with questions on why, or do you know his life story....etc Man, its not about that, I have my reasons, its not your responsibility to figure them out. No te preocupe.

My answers concerning those two individuals are in the appropriate thread.

Guaili-Cayniabon, I'm a person who can be very nice. I don't want harsh confrontation on this forum, I don't want any trouble. If you just want to rumble in this forum, then that is ok. You go do that, while I avoid it. I told you what I want, and if I offended you from my recent threads, then I hope I cleared it out so that it has not anymore. If it still has, then those are your feelings that I have no obligation to change. I hold no bad feelings, nor will I subject myself to the level I am now anymore. Now I hope you don't take this thread offensive as well. It is not made to be, it is made to make things clear.

Take care.

[i]Mas claro no canta un gallo... Tu me caes muy bien Ecuajey, I'm sorry for the slight aggressiveness. It's that I hold a very nationalistic standpoint view of how things are viewed in the independence movement so at times I might be overly aggresive in my sentiments.

As for the "Ecuajey" thing, NO, it's nothing bad. I don't have time right now to explain it because I'm in a rush but I will explain it to you later if you wish to know. It's very important because it actually has alot to do with who Ismael Rivera was and what he believed in and who he was as an individual. "E--E--Ecua---Babalu-Ah-Ye-Ecua--Papa-Ecua-Ecua--Babalu-Ah-Ye-Ecua".

Talk to you later... By the way, welcome to puertorico.com and I hope you enjoy yourself around here. I am looking forward to having the company of another fellow Independentista here with me like you. Let's see what future encounters hold here in puertorico.com.

Atentamente,

Guaili

Comment

Re: Re: ummmm

Mas claro no canta un gallo... Tu me caes muy bien Ecuajey, I'm sorry for the slight aggressiveness. It's that I hold a very nationalistic standpoint view of how things are viewed in the independence movement so at times I might be overly aggresive in my sentiments.

As for the "Ecuajey" thing, NO, it's nothing bad. I don't have time right now to explain it because I'm in a rush but I will explain it to you later if you wish to know. It's very important because it actually has alot to do with who Ismael Rivera was and what he believed in and who he was as an individual. "E--E--Ecua---Babalu-Ah-Ye-Ecua--Papa-Ecua-Ecua--Babalu-Ah-Ye-Ecua".

Talk to you later... By the way, welcome to puertorico.com and I hope you enjoy yourself around here. I am looking forward to having the company of another fellow Independentista here with me like you. Let's see what future encounters hold here in puertorico.com.

Atentamente,

Guaili
                You may explain what Ecuajey means to me, if you like. For me, it will not change anything. You say you have a nationalistic viewpoint on things, so you should know, that sometimes your feelings on things, is all you need. That is how I feel. I know its difficult to understand, but that is the way things are.

I'm enjoying myself, but I won't be here frequent. I haven't been here in 2 days, and from time to time I will have short or long recessions. I am very busy as well, and I have a lot of work to do and things on my mind. I also have an obligation to other people.

I also have not really recieved a "warm welcome" from many individuals here, in the forum. Though I do take a liking to Lorelei.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
                X