Moving to Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Puerto Rico

I'm moving to Puerto Rico next September for a year (working in San Juan) and starting to think about where to live-- suggestions?

I am moving there too; from Texas, in May 2000! You?

------------------
    Jen
    Jen

Comment

I'm moving from Boston in September of 2000.

Comment

Wow it's nice to see so other people moving to PR--I'm moving in the summer 2000 from NJ! Any suggestions on moving companies? or job openings? As far as places to live --I like Condado, it's near Viejo San Juan and the beach.

Comment

Tamolta. Ive used Mudanzas Monty and they have been great and helpfull,and friendly! How lucky can you be! Enjoy that gorgeous Island of Enchantment and please give back to it, volunteer!

[This message has been edited by joseuno (edited 25 January 2000).]

Comment

Joseuno, Thank You! I am planning on teaching when I get there and volunteering is not far behind. Do you know where Mudanzas Monty is located? in the states or on the island?

[This message has been edited by tamolta (edited 26 January 2000).]

Comment

Mudanzas Monty are both in Puerto Rico and the U.S. I know they are based in New York, look it up in your local yellow pages. Good luck !

Comment

If yyou can the best site to live is Old San juan for the atmosphere otherwise a hip you area is Ocean park just east of Condado. Condado is very nice too you have everything nearby... Becareful of all the BOOGIES in Condado, they are con artists and are all on heroin. They will sweet talk you out of your money. KEEP YOU EYES OPEN... assume people are out to get you!!!

Comment

If I were too move , it would be Old SanJuan, with a balcony.

Comment

Hello everyone. Just another island-lover
                    planning to move to PR in late summer.
                    I think it would be great to hear from everyone about their plans on moving and who knows, it sounds like we're all going at about the same time- let's help each other out.
                    I've only been over here for a day on a layover from the virgin islands back to Minnesota, but I love the culture and the people. I hope to improve my Spanish and possibly my windsurfing skills. (I also wouldn't mind brushing up on my Salsa moves)

------------------

Comment

In keeping tabs with my Dad who lives in San Juan, and brothers who live in Bayamon, it seems to be nice to live on the island. As far as work down there, if you think you can make it by working at McDonalds, FedEx, etc..., their saliaries are lousy! On the other hand, you want to go down there with some kind of degree under your belt. Many companies like it when you are BILINGUAL so if you are, then you are ahead of the crowd. Lots of luck to those of you who are planning on moving to the island!!! -SM

Comment

Originally posted by bgordon:
                        I'm moving to Puerto Rico next September for a year (working in San Juan) and starting to think about where to live-- suggestions?
                        A small city just outside of San Juan would work great because the real estate would be much more affordable... :-)

------------------
                        -Steven Wiggs
                        -Steven Wiggs

Comment

If your looking for low prices look away from the metropolitan Area. Don't even think about old San Juan, most places there are Really expensive, Condado's nice Since it's Beach Front. If you've got a Family and are looking for a House I would suggest
                          "Los Paseos"

Comment

Hey everyone!!! guess what I am moving to puerto rico in August too!!! I will be living in San Juan and going to school to La universidad de Puerto Rico, Recinto Rio Piedras.. I have lived in California all my life and this is the first time I have ever traveled out lived on my own.. any advice, tips ..about puerto rico I should know.. for example i will more likely be living in the metropolitan area in san juan is it safe???

Comment

Wow!
                              I am moving to Puerto Rico in July. If anyone has information on a rental house or condo around the old Ramey Naval Air Station, please let me know. I lived in Puerto Rico recently for 6 months and loved it! We lived in Isla Verde at Marbella East condo's on the beach. I worked at one of the resorts close by and my husband was working at the old Naval Air Station in Isla Grande. I never had any problems in Isla Verde. I have a 2 year old and found it very safe. I did most of my traveling by walking or taking the bus. The bus system there is very easy to learn and they are very clean. If anyone has any questions, just email me or reply back! Thanks----

Comment

Working...
                              X