Moving to Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tamolta:
    Wow it's nice to see so other people moving to PR--I'm moving in the summer 2000 from NJ! Any suggestions on moving companies? or job openings? As far as places to live --I like Condado, it's near Viejo San Juan and the beach.
    (It is better to have your things boxed and shipped to a Mailbox Etc. around the area you will move. But first make a P.O. box with them. We have been moving around alot and have a PMB box in our current state which will forward our mail daily, weekly, or monthly. It has been ALOT easier!

Comment

hello I was wondering how much is the bus fare in Puerto Rico like to go to local areas ?? and is the food and clothes more expensive than in the US

Comment

I am moving to PR sometime within the next year. I am looking to move into an apartment somewhere in Bayamon or around San Juan. So far on the internet I can not find anything. I have friends in PR but they live in Utuado and don't kow too much about Bayamon. I will be visiting in October. Does anyone know of any apartments for rent in PR? Help!

Comment

Our family of three is moving to PR too - I see there are wonderful places to live, but how do we go about locating an actual residence? We are definately interested in a house, but have no clue about the cost. Do we go, then look around? Have any contacts we can talk too now? We have a 2 year old and sometimes improntu doesn't work as well as it used to. We just need a really good contact.

Comment

RJason- I have found in my search the PR newspaper "El Nuevo Dia" is a good resource for finding a home or an apartment. Look in the classifieds, it provides alot of information.

Buena suerte!

Bendicion
            Prieta

Comment

pr moving

I've been moving between the states and Puerto Rico for years and the only companies I use are LA ROSA DEL MONTE AND MONTI MOVING
              La Rosa Del Monte tollfree number is 1 800 4larosa (452-7672)
              and Monti Moving's number in florida is (305) 884 4550
              These comapnies have been around for over 30 years and are the companies that native puerto ricans use.

Hope this help they both offer great service in english as well as spanish are much cheaper than american companies.
              sito

Comment

Monti Moving & Storage

Monti is cheaper than most American moving companies. However, you get what you pay for. Monti claims to be a professional moving and storage company. Professional movers ensure that furniture and all items moved are not lost, scratched, damaged or destroyed. In addition, professional movers deliver furniture in a timely, efficient manner. Monti delivers in an extended, untimely, inefficient manner. Monti does not assume responsibility for lost, scratched, damaged or destroyed items. Do not assume that insurance of each item under Montiís contract will cover or pay for lost, scratched, damaged or destroyed items. Montiís employees do not provide quality customer service to their customers. Also, Monti advertises that they offer great service in both English and Spanish. We are an American-Puerto Rican family and can assure potential customers that they will not receive great service from Monti in either English or Spanish. If you are not bilingual, we advise you to not choose Monti because itís impossible to find an employee that speaks English and they will request you to speak in Spanish. We are one of many unsatisfied customers of Monti Moving & Storage Co. NOW DO YOU THINK MONTI IS CHEAPER?

Comment

Everyone's experiences are different. My father retired earlier this year and moved from NY to Puerto Rico. He had a good experience and they did speak english in NY as well as PR. I don't now how long ago you made your move but they did a great job for my father. The fact is that they are cheaper than american companies and I know they have experience with PR and the tax situation. If you know any american companies that do, than Good luck but you will be paying more because they don't have offices there and chances are they don't speak spanish.

Comment

I moved from New York to Tampa Bay Fl in October 2001.I get madder and madder every day when I find something else that Monti broke. Just today I pulled out a brand new expensive garbage can that they packed. When I pulled it out of the package it was dented. Arrrgh!!!!! I have two expensive Cannondale bikes that are all scratched up and numeourus other things broken by them. I called the Orlando office to complain and they told me to speak spanish because they dont understand english. Then they told me they're not responsible. What kind of company in America has no english speaking customer service. My wife complained on this board first now I'm putting my 2 cents in. I'm filing a lawsuit against them. They can't get away with this.

AVOID MONTI MOVING!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X