Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I am Visiting PR next week (July3-7)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I am Visiting PR next week (July3-7)....

Hi,

I will be in the San Juan area and would like to know if anyone can reccommend some fun places to check out? Nightlife? Beach activities? Sight seeing? I will be traveling alone, so anything to keep busy will be great!

Thanks.

Dillon

Originally posted by visiting_PR
    Hi,

I will be in the San Juan area and would like to know if anyone can reccommend some fun places to check out? Nightlife? Beach activities? Sight seeing? I will be traveling alone, so anything to keep busy will be great!

Thanks.

Dillon

Recommendations? Other than hitting a couple of spots in San Juan, go to the western section of the island or Ponce!

Comment

Hey visiting_PR,

While I agree with Delgado, it looks as though you won't be in PR long enough to fully enjoy a trip to the better sides of the island which to me is from Isabela all the way to Patillas. Also, it seems there really is a limited supply of posts, replies or posters that are traveling to PR or care to reply to legitimate traveling questions here. It probably comes in spurts but looks as though from the lack of traveling posts and replies it is not spurting much right now. Try *(Trip Advisor Forum Puerto Rico)*. You can browse through the posts/replies already there or post your own question for an answer. There's some good relatively "current" info there for fun. Sorry I can't help with an immediate answer, but we'll only be spending a couple of days in San Juan before heading off to the rest of the island. Hope to see you stay longer next time to fully enjoy the rest of the island. Don't get me wrong, Old San Juan is way cool and the beaches/nightlife on the strips are fun, but there really is more to PR than San Juan and the immediate area around it. We'll spend about 19 days cruisin the island as well as visiting relatives in Aguadilla and plan on helping Don Q, Bacardi, and Medalla beer stay in buisness as well as a multitude of food/drink vendors and small inns and paradores;~). Much more fun to see the real people of Puerto Rico and to spread the "wealth".....so to speak. Although, regardless of where you go on the island you can't help but have a great time wherever you are. Leave "our" rush around mainland attitude behind and go with the flow. Also, try to leave behind our ideas of food like burgers, pizza, lasagna, etc... which are all there too and try the local fare. Arroz con pollo, rice n beans, tostones, or empanadas washed down with a cooold beer on a hot day is great and is just the start of some good 'stuff' there. Sorry for the rambling....My head is already there and we don't even leave until December 9th.

Be Smart...Be Safe...Have Fun.

Rick

Comment

Working...
      X